Thursday, May 26, 2005

 

Royals

Tonight was another Lima Time loss. I was at my nephew's baseball game tonight, a great come from behind win, and my brother asked my how many runs in the first inning for Lima. I said 2 with 5 in the 3rd. Well he retired the side in the first, but gave up 2 in the second, 3 in the third, 2 in the fourth and 1 in the fifth. His ERA is now 8.13, ouch!

On the plus side Steve Stemle, got him from the Cardinals system in the off-season, pitched 3 scoreless innings. Stemle was called up from the O Royals today to replace Jamie Cerda. Stemle has pitched well in Omaha this year, he had a 0.41 ERA before his call up. I read that Scheaf said that the lefty lefty matchup was overrated so in those situations he will righty lefty.

Mike Woods had an inning of scoreless work tonight also. I would like to see Wood replace Lima in the rotation. Lima either needs to go to the bullpen or be released. There is no reason for him to start anymore games for the Royals this year.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?