Saturday, July 02, 2005

 

May Day in New York

I was checking on the events of the day in the sports world when this caught my eye, "Padres aquire Quantrill from Yankees". When I clicked to get more details I discovered that the Padres had traded Darrell May and Tim Redding to the Yankees for Paul Quantrill. The interesting thing about the two pitchers is that May, aquired from the Royals over the winter for Terrance Long, was so bad in spring training that the Padres traded for Redding. Both of them tried to get the 5th spot in the Padres rotation. What is sad is that these two pitchers were bad enough that the Padres traded both of them for a pitcher that the Yankees had demoted! I'm not sure there is a winner in this trade.
Comments:
May gets his first Start today for the Yanks. Should be fun to see how he does.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?